There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 1, 2012

DRIVING DETERMINATION...

This has been a very insightful holiday season for me. I recently pondered the notion of what the source of my determination is. What keeps me fighting for what matters most, even when facing uncertainty? I immediately knew the answer. As soon as I asked, I knew it. The element present in every poem, lyric, or story I write. The source of my resolve and inspiration is love. Whether it be love for family, love for friends, love for that special someone, or all of the above, love brings out a strength within that can be unrelenting.

When a person chases their dreams, or a goal, or even the one that got away, there has to be some notion or feeling that drives them to not quit. Otherwise, fear of failure or the first great obstacle would break a person into surrender. Many of the great icons we all admire have faced obstacles that cause a shudder to run through most people, yet they pressed on and refused to accept defeat. It's those people that now inspire others to do the same.

All of these thoughts remind me of why i've gotten this far and why I will still press on with my head held high. We only live once. We all have that one dream we chase even in the midst of the darkest days. Why not give it your all? Just remind yourself of the source of your determination and your reason for pursuing the aspiration. What drives you? What inspires you? What makes you feel like you can't afford to give in to defeat?

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am Your Newest Follower

    Have a Nice Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to meet you. (:

    I hope you will enjoy the topics I write about here. They're usually my thoughts on certain things, but I write about other things as well. I'm always delighted to hear the opinions of readers as well.

    ReplyDelete