There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, May 12, 2012

BREAKING POINT

I'm sure everyone has gotten at least close to this point before. The weight of the world presses down on your shoulders and soon it feels like everyone is suddenly standing against you. At this point, it feels there is no way to relieve the pain and burning coming from within. You don't know whether you will burst into tears or explode on the next person who says something you find the least bit revolting. We've all been close to this point before, if not reached it.

The real question is, how do you prevent it? Is it as hopeless as trying to stop a volcano from erupting or a tornado from touching down and consuming all in its path? Obviously, holding the raw emotion within like a dam on a river won't work. The emotion will soon build and build and build until breaking is inevitable and unstoppable. There are methods of course to dealing with the emotions as they come, but does that work for everybody?

The only thing logical to do once you reach the point of breaking down is to be alone and let it all out. At least, that's what works for me. Other people might find company to be helpful. I find that writing and music help keep my emotions from running wild and breaking me down. Each one works as an outlet that calms me. other people find other ways. Any thoughts on this?

4 comments:

  1. First of all forces outside of yourself can only bother you if YOU ALLOW THEM TO.

    I learned many years ago and the hard way that you simply cannot share certain things with everyone, so I don't. That cuts down on the amount of negative vibes from people who would not understand me. Surround yourself with people who are positive and add to your growth.

    Another VERY IMPORTANT thing is not to focus on negativity of any kind. Where your mind goes so does your life experiences. It is a metaphysical Law that if you feed into negativity it grows. Instead turn your attention away from it. It works and I can attest to it, but each person has to prove this Law for him/her self.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was brilliant advice. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is how I've felt for the past few weeks. I agree with collarcitybrownstone that feeding into negativity only makes it grow. It's hard, but we must face these challenges in life whether we want to or not. I've learned that you can't change other people; you can only change how you view those people. It's hard to switch your mind into this thinking but once you do, it works and takes pressure off yourself. Also, reading and writing helps me get away from this world and just live and dream without stress. That's the number one thing that works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music and writing have always helped me. They have always been my escape. A lot of times I bring them together in some ways. The fantasy book I wrote has songs I wrote for the girl the main girl character is based on. I love using people that come and go in my life for inspiration.

      Delete