There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 14, 2012

HEART TO HEART

As a writer of romance and fantasy with heavy romantic elements, I feel this is really my niche. I can't really write about dragons to you all on a blog everyday. If I could, I would. I love dragons. I wish I could own a dragon. Alas, dragons are not a part of this blog or my reality. My next best topic is something to do with romance.

Where I feel my best topic is right now is pride, for pride can keep a person from releasing the magical emotions from the depths of their hearts. Pride can be one of the hardest things to swallow, especially in a situation of extreme tension. But pride can cause a person to lose the one they love in an instant. It's good to have pride, but not too much of it.

It's something I have vowed to master, other than writing. Of course, I am still no expert and I am still very young. It will take many more years before I fully understand this concept. I wrote a poem about it.

Change

Like the leaves in the autumn season.
I was a rhyme without a reason.
I just can't strike this heavy feeling.
Or why my fate keeps sealing.
Before the dawn, the sun never rose.
Why it always rained, heaven knows.
I clung to this pride and wouldn't let go.

You came in like a hero to a foresaken soul.
Like the moon to the tide when it's full,
you became my heart's push and pull.
You showed me the error of my ways.
You led me to the path of brighter days.
Now it seems like before, I'm pushing you away.

I've fallen down to the darkest of sorrow.
Without you, I no longer look to tomorrow.
It amazes me how someone can reshape a whole life.
In your eyes, I saw a bright future where you removed this knife.
I now cling to this sadness and it chains me to never move forward.
All I want to do is make you the one goal I move toward.

So now I fight the darkness within.
Now I cast away regrets and sin.
Now I fight to finally break free,
so I can forge a future for you and me.
You blessed me and my thoughts did arrange.
Now I stand strong and tall on the road to change.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely poem. I am glad that romance is truly your niche. Remain encouraged and consistent. If you do not already have a Google Goodreads account I highly recommend it. I just discovered Goodreads myself a few days ago and I love it. It is basically a social network for people who love to read. Many authors are on it too. If you have any of your work completed consider putting them out as ebooks foe sale on amazon.com. This is how many people purchase books now to download on their Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my two ebooks out on all the major online retailers, including goodreads. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. More will follow this.

    ReplyDelete